Many people are struggling with the whole self isolation thing but for me it’s a great opportunity to do all the things I have been wanting to do for a while. I’m grateful for:
- Ability to catch up on reading. I’m currently on my 3rd book since the quarantine started.
- Peloton subcription. Although I was been using the bike regularly, I’m finally using the subscription for weight training, running and yoga. The instructors are amazing and very motivating.
- Time with my dogs. They’re definitely happy we’re at home 24/7 however they get less park time. Instead, we’ve been focusing on brain games and training indoors.
- Time with my husband. It is nice to be able to really chill and have no plans for the day sometimes. We’ve been able to watch the movies we wanted to watch such as Ford vs Ferrari, Jojo Rabbit, Joker and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
- Bubble baths. I mean, self care is important.
- Cooking. With a bit of extra time, we want to learn new receipes and make cooking into fun date nights.
- Planning our next trip. This one is a bit difficult considering the situation but it doesn’t hurt to think about our next destination.
- Local community of farmers and winemakers. Living in Sonoma county is a blessing. Seeing so many local business offer take out, deliveries, and fast and cheap local shipping is great. We won’t run out of wine.
- Decorating and organizing the house. I get bored of the same setup pretty easy and using this time to reorganized the closet, book shelves or furniture help with the creative side.
- Gardening. Shawn planted his carrots a while ago but now we can add more seeds to the garden plot, add some flowers and add planters to our patio setup.