I love making easy “one pot” meal that can fill me and still be healthy.
Here’s a few of my favorite recipes that I go to when I crave a clean and easy fill:
Whole 30 Kale Soup
This is one of my favorite thing to make anytime I want a little healthy detox but still a hearty meal. It’s super easy to make and you can customize it to your taste if you don’t want to be 100% Whole30, or just want something different.
- 8 Italian sausages. You can substitute for chicken or make it vegetarian.
- 5 celery stalks – diced
- 2 carrots – diced
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head kale – chopped
- 5-8 red potatoes – cubed (optional)
- 2-4 cloves garlic – finely sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley – chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock (Whole30 complained or not)
- black pepper
- other spices (optional)
- Chop your onion and sauté in a pan until light brown
- Chop garlic, carrots and celery and add to the onions
- Saute mushrooms in a separate pan and add to the rest of the chopped veggies
- Add 2 cups of chicken broth and keep on medium heat
- Add potatoes
- Cook the sausage or chicken in separate pan and add to the mix
- Add more broth
- Add salt, pepper and spices
- Add more broth (up to you if you want to make it more soupy or stew like)
- Boil for another 15 minutes, taste, add more salt/pepper to taste. Enjoy!
You can adjust the amount for each ingredient too depending if you want to make a day worth of soup or more. The recipe here will be good for 2-4 days.